1. One stick of butter (4 OZ).
2. Four small or three medium onions.
3. One cup of water.
4. One can tomato paste (12 OZ).
5. One Cabbage.
6. Four more cups of water.
7. One small spoons of Salt and 1/4 spoon
8. Four cups Rice.
9. Chopped Parsley.
10. Four bouillion cubes.
1. Wash the four cups of rice several
times, and keep it in water for about ½ an
hour. Then, wash rice, drain water out.
2. Cut the cabbage core. Carfully separate
the cabbage leaves.
3. Boil water, then place about 10 leaves
in the boiling water for about 5 minutes.
Remove leaves and drain the leaves. Then,
add more leaves to the boiling water and
repeat until you are done cooking all
4. Cook one stick of butter with onions,
until the onion becomes brown. Then, add
one cup of water and tomato paste to the
onion. Cover them and cook together on low
for about 10 minutes. Stir every 2
5. Add tomato paste and onion mixture to
rice. Add one small spoon of Salt and 1/4
spoon of Pepper to the rice. Add chopped
parsley to the rice, and mix well.
6. Soup Mixture: Boil 4 cups
of water and add four Beef or Chicken
bouillion cubes to the water. Boil for 2
7. The most difficult part:
Cut big cooked cabbage leaves in half.
Place a small amount of rice mixture in
leaf and roll.
8. Put foil in the bottom of a sauce pan.
Place all rolled cabbage in the pan.
9. Cover the rolled cabbage with the soup
10. Cook for about 50 minutes on medium
heat. Check until the water disappears.
Keep checking every 5 minutes until it is
The left over cabbage and rice can be
mixed together and cooked as a casserole.